This project was to design and supply a steam sterilisation system for GAC columns of GEA Process Technologies Ireland.
GEA Process Engineering Ireland Ltd is a business segment of the German based GEA Group. The GEA Group employs approximately 20,000 employees worldwide. As an internationally operating group, the company focuses on process technology and components for demanding production processes in various end markets.
GEA Process Engineering Ireland specialises in such areas as:
- Food and beverages
In March 2010, AH Cullen, which is part of the EPS Group, designed and supplied GEA Technologies with two GAC filters for THM removal as part of drinks production at Diageo Ireland, St James Gate, Dublin.
The major design milestones on the project were:
- THM reduction
- Steam sterilisation of GAC columns
- 80m³ per hour - flow rate
- Steam sterilisation procedure to take less than 5 hours
- GAC columns consisting of 316 stainless and fully vacuum rated
- GAC columns complete with PED certification
Original equipment manufacturer: Culligan