Glanbia is one of the top ten dairy companies in the world. Glanbia production facilities in Ireland include Drogheda, Ballitore, Ballyraggett, Kilkenny, Inch, Kilmeaden and Virginia.
Glanbia has over 40% of the Irish liquid milk market. Its key liquid milk processing plants are at Ballitore and Drogheda. Liquid milk production at Glanbia in Drogheda is circa 82 million litres per year.
In October 2009, AH Cullen, which is part of the EPS Group, successfully designed, installed and commissioned an upgrade of the existing water treatment plant at Glanbia, Drogheda. The project included full treatment of bore-hole water to EU drinking water standards, replacement and upgrading of the water softening plant and full integration with the existing mains water supply.
The mechanical and electrical aspect of the project took place over two weekends. As Glanbia, Drogheda is one of the busiest dairies in the country and a key provider of approximately 30 million gallons of liquid milk to the Dublin market, this was an obvious requirement of the project.
Project design consists of all AH Cullen supplied water treatment equipment.
- Water source: bore-hole
- Treatment: filtration to remove Fe and Mn
- Softening: Duplex water softening plant complete with blending
- Flow-rate: 40m³/hr
- Original equipment manufacturer: Culligan
Other Glanbia reference sites
- Glanbia, Inch, Co Wexford - design, installation and commissioning of water filtration plant for Fe and Mn removal, flowrate approximately 20m³/hr. Date: January 2010.
- Glanbia, Ballitore, Co Carlow - design, installation and commissioning of pumping and water softener upgrade. Date: October 2010.